For over 50 years, the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra has proudly served as the leading performing arts organization in Maryland’s capital city. Formed in 1962, the Annapolis Symphony features 70 professional musicians who perform a variety of symphonic music for audiences of all ages. Our vision is to be the best regional orchestra in the country, recognized as a jewel in the Washington/Baltimore area.
The Annapolis Symphony Orchestra is the largest performing arts organization in Anne Arundel County and the backbone of our arts community. The Annapolis Symphony currently produces and presents five Masterworks concerts, four Education Concerts, an annual Family concert, one Holiday Pops Concert and one free Pops in the Park Community Concert. The Summer Pops in the Park and two joint concerts with the United States Naval Academy bring the Annapolis Symphony before thousands of new audience members each year. The Annapolis Symphony sponsors numerous education and outreach programs in community schools, reaching thousands of school children from diverse backgrounds. With a budget of $1.2 million annually, the Annapolis Symphony is governed by a 27-member volunteer Board of Trustees and operated by a professional staff of five full-time employees, including renowned Music Director, José-Luis Novo.
The mission of the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra is to produce, present and promote memorable symphonic music that increases awareness, enjoyment, and appreciation of music for all ages throughout the region.
To be a leading artistic treasure in Maryland and a national model for regional orchestras.
- Artistry -- We produce music of the highest quality.
- Engagement -- We promote an environment of enrichment, fellowship, and respect.
- Continuity -- We honor our heritage and cultivate a legacy for the future.
- Innovation -- We advance with creativity, freshness, and new ideas.
LONG TERM GOALS
- To be a vital member of the community through performances, outreach, and engagement of stakeholders at all levels.
- Grow and achieve financial viability, capability, and stability.
- Take a leadership role in the development of an appropriate world-class performing arts facility in Annapolis.
- Approved and Adopted by the Annapolis Symphony Orchestra Board of Trustees, 2010